Our LifeLong Learning programme is a non-residential day service offered to adults aged 16+. We focus on activities that are fun, engaging and sociable to support you to develop key life skills such as independence, making friends and developing relationships, being active in the community, and living a healthy lifestyle.
LifeLong Learning runs from 9:30-3:30 pm Monday to Friday. You can access Lifelong Learning on either a 36-week (term time only) or a 50-week programme.
Why LifeLong Learning?
You should choose our day service because we offer:
- A fun and friendly environment
- Staff who are passionate about making sure you are safe and happy at Landmarks
- A chance to make new friends
- Access to great facilities such as our farm and recently renovated Bistro
Pathways on LifeLong Learning
- Lifelong Learning is a Pathway based on learner choices, promoting a learner’s independence and more importantly having fun. Learners will be in social groups, with plenty of opportunities to make friends and a variety of annual day trips/social events on offer.
- Lifelong Learning Plus offers you the chance to work in real-life working environments, on a work experience basis. The idea of this programme is to gain experience in work, without the guarantee of employment. A successful long-term goal would be some voluntary work.
What will I do when I’m on LifeLong Learning?
You can take part in a variety of sessions, such as:
- Land-Based Studies
- Animal Care
- Personal & Social Development
- Art & Craft
- Bistro (New for April 23)
- Performing Arts
- • Sports & Leisure
Develop experience in:
- Interpersonal skills
- Independence & Social skills
- Practical skills